“We need to help students and parents cherish and preserve the ethnic and cultural diversity that nourishes and strengthens this community – and this nation.” — Cesar Chavez Our diverse world… Did you know that Houston is the most diverse city in the entire country? At a recent training with preschool teachers in the Houston […]
Our Unique Approach
Your work is important and your time is precious, so the last thing you want is to sit through training that is boring or irrelevant to your needs.
Fresh & Fun!
Our approach is informative, practical, fresh and FUN! After you train with us, our hope is that you will gain excitement for your work and appreciation for the children you serve.
Short & Sweet!
Courses are short enough to complete during your lunch hour. Even though they are quick to complete, they are rich in content, well organized, concise and provide opportunities for self reflection and practical application.
Relevant to YOU!
Practical training topics include how to:
- Manage your classroom
- Set up an interactive learning environment for all ages
- Plan developmentally appropriate activities that engage children
- Prepare children for success in kindergarten
- Make learning fun for both you and the children
- Support parents
Ann McKitrick is the owner and lead trainer for Texas Childcare Training and brings 30 years of experience in early childhood education, child development and curriculum design. She is an active conference/workshop presenter, trainer and writer.
Ann draws on her roles as teacher, center director, college professor, children’s pastor, teacher trainer/coach, autism consultant and her interaction with hundreds of childcare professionals to influence and inform the courses she creates. Her courses reflect what what she loves most – sharing her passion about how children develop and helping others delight in children.
Ann currently resides in Houston with her husband Kent and enjoys swimming, gardening and hanging out with friends and family….especially on the back porch!
Education & Certifications
- BS in Education: Stephen F. Austin State University
- MS in Human Development and Family Studies: University of Arkansas
- Certified Consultant, Relationship Development Intervention (RDI™)
- Master Level Trainer, Texas Trainer Registry
- Trainer, Professional Development Network, Teaching Strategies, LLC
- Certified trainer for the Center for Improving the Readiness of Children for Learning and Education (CIRCLE)
- Certified Texas Teacher, Secondary Education
Katie Larson is a course writer for Texas Childcare Training. She brings a vast knowledge of early childhood education, developmentally appropriate practices and creativity to her writing.
She is a preschool science teacher in a private school and is district-wide leader for a Christian after-school club at local elementary schools, with an average attendance of nearly 200 children each week! She has taught 3rd grade, mentored preschool teachers in a state early literacy project and taught in a home school coop.
Married with 2 active young sons, she’s the creator of extremely artistic after school snacks, advocate for helping others understand kids with food allergies and passionate about teaching reading in developmentally appropriate ways.
Katie has a Master of Arts in Teaching from Trinity University.Get Started
Texas Childcare Training offers quality and unique courses that satisfy Texas licensing requirements for clock hour training for child care centers, licensed family day homes, residential homes and foster parents.
Why Choose Us
- Our approach is informative, practical, fresh and FUN!
- Practical ideas that can be put to use immediately
- Our courses offer solutions to your real needs
- Quick to complete and easy to incorporate into the day